There are those drab days when getting out of bed seems like a burden and the thought of making breakfast seems like the task of climbing Mt. Everest! Unfortunately (Or maybe fortunately) that happens way too often with me. On such days, I need a quick breakfast and glucose fix, to get a quick start to the day. And for that, I present to you, the humble, yet energy packed recipe for a Strawberry Banana Smoothie!
This delicious looking recipe, tastes just as yummy as it looks and has enough sweetness from the banana to give you that sugar fix to power start your mornings.
Not to mention how easy it is to source the ingredients and how little time it takes to make this! 🙂
So, here is your list of ingredients:
Half a ripe banana
One cup milk
3-4 cubes of ice
1. Cut banana into thin slices for easy blending
2. Add strawberries, banana, milk and ice in the blender and blend till it is smooth
3. Pour into a tall glass, garnish with a slice of strawberry and slurp!
Yes, that’s it! No problems. No fuss. You could make it with one eye closed! Heh. 😉
Now, the best part is that this recipe can also be as easily made into a milkshake. Ditch the banana (or keep it for the sugar rush), add half a cup of milk instead of one cup, and add a scoop of vanilla ice cream! And blend. And ta daaaaa! You have milkshake. 🙂
This recipe makes two servings ideally. Or one. 🙂 (We know that you don’t share your food either!)
Now, when does one try this kickass recipe out:
- Easy and quick breakfast fix
- Too lazy to make yourself a snack in the evening
- Looking for a gluten free breakfast option – Replace it with soy milk and you have a gluten free smoothie
- You want to make something yum for your sweetheart, but are at cooking level nOOb. Or worse 😀
- Diet food 😛
- Well, you just want a strawberry banana smoothie
Alternatively, what you can also do, is make this and freeze it in the fridge for 2 hours. You will have your own strawberry and banana ice dolly! Or a strawberry banana popsicle. Or whatever fancy name you want to call it!
There you go. You just got yourself 3 recipes in one blog post! Go ahead, tell how awesome we are! (We already know, but a compliment never hurt anyone! )
Gear up for the week, we have a lot of love, blog posts and yum food coming your way. 🙂