At the end of a hectic day, I can only imagine how lazy you feel when it comes to making dinner. The thought of going to the kitchen and spending time to prepare dinner is a thought that is best left for a day when I want to actually cook! (And yes, those days are few and far in between)
So my general quick fix is a chicken sandwich, and this chicken sandwich recipe is not only super easy to make, but also extremely delicious! So, here goes nothing:
Ingredients: (Makes 1)
- 2 slices of brown bread
- Half a tomato (sliced)
- Half an onion (sliced thinly)
- 2-3 slices of chicken salami
- An egg
- Dry Oregano (To taste)
- Mayonnaise (A table spoon)
- English Mustard (A table spoon)
- Honey (A teaspoon)
- Oil (A teaspoon)
- Slice of cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
Preparation & Cooking:
- Heat a pan, put in the oil and break the egg into the pan, to make a poached egg. Season with salt, pepper and oregano to taste.
- Flip over and cook for 4-5 minutes until the egg is ready. Remove from the heat and keep aside.
- Lightly toast the bread.
- Spread the mayonnaise on one slice of the bread and spread the mustard on the other slice. Spread the honey over the mustard to have a sharp, yet slightly sweet honey mustard spread. (You can exclude the honey if you want to, but I feel it lends a delicate balance that is needed with the sharp taste of mustard)
- Layer the tomatoes and the onion on the sandwich along with the cheese slice. (For all you people wanting to lose weight, ditch the cheese. Trust me, a lot less guilt!)
- Layer the chicken salami slices on the cheese and top it off with the egg.
- Top this off with the remaining slice of bread and ta-daa!
Your extremely tasty and super quick chicken sandwich is ready in ten minutes. Yes, you can go ahead and hog already.
So try this out, and let me know what you guys think.
Cooking Level: Noob
When to try this out:
- When you are pressed for time and super hungry
- When you are super hungry and lazy
- When you are trying to impress someone who is super hungry
- When you are trying to impress someone but feel super lazy
- When mom refuses to cook
- When you want to make food for mom
- All of the above 😉
Bon Appetite, amigos!
PS: If you have never purchased it before, Chicken Salami can be easily purchased in super markets in the meat section or the cold cuts section.