Conjuring up lunch box ideas is a task. Ask any mom and she will definitely agree! My mother hates the idea of coming up with something different and easy to make each day. Try making these simple chicken seekh kebab rolls over the weekend. And you will have a bunch of happy people on your table! (The Part Time Cook pwomise!)
Well, in this series of posts, we will cover simple to make and delicious to eat lunchbox ideas.
Made this one today. Chicken Sheekh Kebab Rolls. Deceptively easy to make, it took me 15 minutes including preparation, cooking & plating.
Sounds good? Well, read on.
4 chapatis ( Am guessing you don’t need a recipe for this one! )
1 onion (sliced thinly)
1 tomato (sliced thinly)
Half a lemon
Mayonnaise (2 tbsp)
Mustard (1 tbsp)
Store Brought Chicken Seekh Kebabs - 150 – 170 grms (cut into long thin strips)
Oil – 1 tsp
Cooking and Plating:
1. Heat the oil in a pan and lightly fry the pieces of Chicken Seekh Kebabs for 4-5 minutes
2. While the seekh kebabs are frying, start assembling the rolls
3. Spread half a tablespoon of mayonnaise and a bit of the mustard all over the chapati
4. Take some of the sliced tomatoes and onions and spread over the chapati
5. Squeeze a bit of time to cut through the richness of the mayonnaise
6. Take the kebabs off the heat and divide into 4 portions
7. Place 1 portion of the kebabs onto the chapati
8. Neatly, fold (Very important that the folding is done well. Else, it will be a messy eat! )
9. Repeat for the rest of the chapatis
Now, that is simple, isn’t it?
Cooking Level: New Cook
When do you make this?
- Lunch (Duh)
- Evening Snack
- When you want to cook for your mom
- When you want to cook for your sweetheart
- When you are pressed for time and need filling food
- When you are inviting me over for lunch
You can also replace the chicken seekh kebabs and instead have the more succulent mutton seekh kebabs. (Shame that half my family doesn’t like mutton! )
For sides, you can try baked potato wedges and a light and summery lettuce salad. And not to mention a chilled pint of beer. ( You can NEVER go wrong with a pint of chilled beer! We compiled a list of the most popular international beers. Go on, have a peek!)
Note: If you are eating this with a bunch of other people over lunch, make sure you carry extras. Else, you will not get any. Hehe. (That is 100% true!)