Anyone who has been talking to me over the last one week has heard the word ‘Minion’ atleast a couple of millions times. (I wish I was even closely exaggerating!) No, I have not seen the movie, yet! 🙁 But I have been singing ‘Potatoooo’ and ‘Bananaaaaa’ in high pitches and the true cause for my excitement is that McDonalds is offering the Minions from the movie as part of their Happy Meal toys. (Yes, my true age is 2 and a half, so stop judging! :P)
I have so far collected 4 of these minions, and I am guessing some more happy meals will be happening soon! =D (Okay, seriously. Stop judging!)
I did find this fantastic recipe online on how to make these awesome minions, with a marshmallow base!
Got you excited, didn’t we? 🙂
Well, let’s look at the step by step process:
1. Collect all these ingredients as listed below:
2. Melt the Candy Melts in a Microwavable Bowl
3. Dip each stick into the molten candy melt and then stick a marshmallow to the end of the stick. Once that is done, wait for the candy melt to harden a bit, before dipping your entire marshmallow into the candy melt.
4. Once the marshmallows have been dipped, ensure that you remove any extra candy melts and let the marshmallows dry.
5. Open up a special packet of Despicable Me Roll Ups and cut the blue portion to get these marshmallows some fancy clothes! 😉 Minion Overalls is the word I believe! Hehe.
6. Using the icing tube, outline the smiles and the glass frames! Stick the candy eyes as well!
7. And then, it is super cute minion time! Make an army of them, I tell you!! 😀
8. The best is, you can give them little brownie seats and serve them right up.
Get the original recipe here. The picture copyrights are also theirs! 🙂
To be honest, these marshmallow minions will be a little too difficult to eat. They look too cute and super real to the actual minions! 😀 Don’t believe me? Take a look at one of the minions I have!
For all the people who actually make this recipe, please share pictures! 🙂
And till then, ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-banana, ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-banana 😀 Potatooooooo!!!!
Psst: They also make fantastic cupcake toppers! (You can thank me later!)